Granola BAR with honey & Sesame seeds
Ingredients: ( 8 Yields)
- 2 – cups Dry Oats
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cardamom
- Cooking Spray
Method: (Prep time 30 – 40 min)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees , place oats and sunflower seeds on a pan and roast for 10 mins in the oven until golden brown. Remove from oven and put them in a bowl.
- Grind the raisins in a blender or a food processor and add the sticky raisins to the oats and sunflower seeds mixture. Stir them evenly.
- In a pot, heat the brown sugar and honey on a simmer and stir until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract (optional).
- Add this hot mixture to the bowl with oats, raisin and seed mixture. Now add, sesame seeds and cardamom to the bowl. Stir and mix all the ingredients well.
- Take a pan and spray with oil to prevent sticking. Using a spatula, put the mixture evenly on the pan while pressing firmly to smooth out and even the top.
- When cooled, flip out the granola onto a cutting board and cut into small bites (or big ones) as necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories : 200 kcal, Protein: 5 g, Carbs: 32 g, Total Fat: 9 g, Sodium: 5 mg, Sat Fat: 1 g, Dietary Fiber : 5 g.
Be Happy, Be Healthy!!!